A few years back, I received a forwarded mail with subject as “Awesome”. It appeared like the mail has gone all around the world with lots of forwards before it has reached my mailbox. I had to scroll down the mail quite a bit before I actually see the content of the mail. As the subject of the mail says, it was truly “awesome” and an amazing piece of pencil shading art.
There were several occasions earlier, after seeing any nice drawing I felt, ‘May be I should make an attempt to draw something’, but never made an attempt. This content of the mail made me to pick up the pencil and start learning how to draw. After drawing couple of things, I thought let me try drawing this “awesome” piece of art.
Made an attempt and the result is ...
This framed pencil art is no longer with me , it was given as a return gift to one of my friend who has given me pencil sketching box containing pencils grade ranging from F to 9B.
At the end of the mail it says, “Five important lessons you learn from pencil”
- It tells you that everything you do will always leave a Mark.
- You can always correct the mistake you make.
- The important thing in life is what you are from inside and not from out side.
- In life you will undergo painful sharpenings which will make you better in whatever you do.
- Finally, to be the best you can be, you must allow yourself to be held and guided by the hand that holds you.
For the second point - "You can always correct the mistake you make." provided you have an eraser with it :)
ReplyDeletefunny how forwards sometimes say things that really make a lot of sense!
ReplyDeleteCan we see some of your other paintings as well?
ReplyDelete